If you are getting low and distorted sound when recording your microphone on Windows 10 then please follow the steps below.
(If instead you are getting distorted audio when recording your computer's system audio then please see this article: http://feedback.screencast-o-matic.com/knowledgebase/articles/713634)
To fix low and distorted microphone voice recording on Windows 10:
- Right click on the Sound icon in the bottom right of your screen on the desktop.
- Click on Recording devices
- Right click on the microphone.
- Click on the Properties
- Click on the Enhancements tab
- Check the 'Disable' box inside the box.
- Click 'Ok'
If you don't see an Enhancements tab, then look for a "Signal Enhancements" section in the "Advanced" tab. Remove the check from the "Enable Audio enhancements" box, pictured below.