If your company or organization administers a fleet of Chromebooks with ChromeOS, you can bulk install the Screencast-O-Matic screen recorder and video editor from within the Google G Suite administration screen.
Key reasons to install on your organization's Chromebooks:
- Deploy the Screencast-O-Matic Chromebook screen recorder and video editor application to all Chromebooks in your organization
- Easily deploy software updates to the Screencast-O-Matic Chromebook screen recorder and video editor across all Chrome devices
How to force install on ChromeOS
Log in to the Google Admin Console
- Navigate to the Google Admin console.
- Click on 'Device Management'.
- Select 'Chrome Management'.
- Select 'User Settings'.
- Select 'Organizations' and choose the organizational unit (OU) to deploy the recorder application to.
- Scroll down to Apps and Extensions, make sure "Force Installation" is turned on, and click on the link "Manage force-installed apps".
Add the Screencast-O-Matic Application
- Under Force-Installed Apps and Extensions, click the 'Chrome Web Store' button.
- Type in "Screencast-O-Matic" into the search box and find the Screencast-O-Matic application. Select "Add" on both to add the Screencast-O-Matic Chromebook application and the Chrome browser extension launcher. Note: only the Chromebook application is required for proper functionality. However, it is recommended to add the Chrome browser extension as well for simplified launching from within the Chrome browser itself.
- Important: Make sure to click Save in order to save your changes.
The Screencast-O-Matic application should now begin deploying to the users of your organization.
- Google help article.