The Screencast-O-Matic Chromebook application allows a user to upload their content to the Screencast-O-Matic hosting platform. If you would like to save your content online for easy sharing, uploading your recording to Screencast-O-Matic can provide many benefits. For a quick overview, see our Tips and Tricks video.
Key reasons to upload to screencast-o-matic.com:
- View your recordings online on virtually any device
- Embed your recordings into other websites
- Publicize your recordings, or secure a place for only chosen visitors to view your recordings
You can see more benefits on our plans page under Video Hosting & Sharing.
Preparing to Upload your Recording
1. Once you've finished a recording with the Screencast-O-Matic screen recorder, click 'Done' and you will see a preview of your recording with a slider below.
2. At this point, you can choose to trim the start and end of the video to focus on the portions of the recording that you'd like to upload to Screencast-O-Matic. You can view this video for a description of commands that will help in trimming.
3. When you are ready to upload, the menu on the right under Options shows the destinations allowed for upload. Click "Upload to Screencast-O-Matic".
If you are not already signed in with an account, you'll see this screen that will bring you to a website in order to login. Click on Allow on the "Allow Uploads" dialog to connect your account with the screen recorder.
Choosing your Upload Options
You are met with the following options for upload:
- Account - The destination account under which your recording will be uploaded
- Title - A brief title of the recording
- Description - (Optional) A longer text blurb describing your video
- Channel - (Optional) Add this recording to an existing channel for organization of your recordings
- Password - (Optional) Enter a password that users must enter to access the video
- Custom Link - (Optional) Create a custom link to this recording for easier sharing
- Searchable - Choose "Everywhere" if you would like the recording indexed by search engines
Publish your Recording
1. Once you've finalized your upload options, click Publish to upload your recording to Screencast-O-Matic.
2. Once the upload is complete, Screencast-O-Matic will process and encode the data in preparation for final publish on the site.
3. While the recording is encoding, you are met with Options to share the recording on popular social media services like Twitter and Facebook. Here is the list of options:
- Google Classroom
- Open Upload - Opens up a browser and takes the user directly to the link where the recording is published
- Copy Link - Copies a link to your clipboard for easy sharing in any application
4. Once you are done with the sharing options, click Done. At this point you can choose to to upload to another service or close the application.
For a full video guide to uploading, please check out this tutorial on Youtube.