The Screencast-O-Matic application has a robust set of features for managing your local recordings. This article will speak on how to use the "Manage Recordings" checkbox to make use of multiple selections to perform many actions in bulk on your library of recordings. You may also like to see a video tutorial for managing recordings.
First, open the video editor from the account page (you must be logged in first). When you see your list of recordings, click on Manage Recordings in the upper left.
First, there are some quick shortcuts. Select ALL to select all the content in your current content folder (shown in the top left of the application). Select NONE to deselect all content.
Next, if you would like to choose a selection of recordings: begin clicking on individual files in the content library. You will see selected recordings have a green outline. As you choose more recordings, the total of selected recordings shows in the upper left as "# Selected".
At this point, you can perform a number of actions on the selected files.
- Backup - Adds or removes recordings from the backup vault. See more about backup and restore.
- Copy - Makes a duplicate copy of the selected recordings and places them in the chosen content folder.
- Move - Moves the selected recordings to a different content folder.
- Export - Exports the selected recording files to a folder of your choosing.
- Delete - Removes recordings and content from your library
Click into any of the above and your action will be completed. You can see more about selection in this video tutorial.