The Screencast-O-Matic desktop application allows a user to publish their recording to a video file or upload their recording to services like Screencast-O-Matic premium hosting, Youtube, Vimeo, and Dropbox. As an admin, you may choose to limit the destinations your team users can publish to.
An admin may find and modify these settings in the Recorder settings on the Team Plans account page.
Here are the services you can enable/disable as a destination for publish:
- Google Drive
- Video File
This feature is available to all admins with a Team Deluxe or Team Premier plan.
Please note: at least one destination must be enabled or your team members may have their content stuck on their machine.
Also note, this feature does not apply to the Chromebook application.
Enable or Disable Publishing Endpoints
1. First go to your Team Plans account page and login with your admin account.
2. Find the Recorder Options section. Click Configure under Recorder options.
A menu will appear with check boxes next to the endpoints that are currently enabled or disabled. See an image of the menu below.
3. Place a checkmark next to the destinations/endpoints that you want your team members to be able to use for publishing. Remove the checkmark next to the endpoints that you want to disable. Disabling an endpoint means those options will no longer show up in the lower right menu in the desktop application when previewing a recording.
4. Click OK.
Verify the endpoints are enabled or disabled
One can verify the endpoints are disabled by doing the following:
- Go to your team access page and launch the recorder or open the video editor.
- Either create a new recording or click on one in the content management screen and you will enter a preview mode for the recording.
- On the lower right, you will see a menu with options for uploading or downloading the file. If you don't see these options initially, you can click the icon to bring up the complete list of publishing options.
- Verify that your selected endpoints are enabled or disabled in this publishing menu. The menu may look similar to the below
Only the options with a checkmark placed next to them in the settings should show in the desktop applications publishing options. All others will be disabled and hidden from the menu above.