Admins: Install Screencast-O-Matic for all your Chromebook Users
Admins: Install our application for all your Chromebook users
If your company or organization administers a fleet of Chromebooks with ChromeOS, you can bulk install the screen recorder and video editor from within the Google G Suite administration screen.
Key reasons to install on your organization's Chromebooks:
- Deploy the Chromebook screen recorder and video editor application to all Chromebooks in your organization
- Easily deploy software updates to the Chromebook screen recorder and video editor across all Chrome devices
How to force install on ChromeOS
Log in to the Google Admin Console
- Navigate to the Google Admin console.
- Click on 'Device Management'.
- Select 'Chrome Management'.
- Select 'User Settings'.
- Select Organizations and select the organizational unit (OU) to deploy the recorder application to.
- Scroll down to Apps and Extensions, make sure Force Installation is turned on, and click the Manage force-installed apps link.
Add the Screencast-O-Matic Application
- Under Force-Installed Apps and Extensions, click the Chrome Web Store button.
- Type "Screencast-O-Matic" into the search box and find the application. Click Add for both to add the Screencast-O-Matic Chromebook application and the Chrome browser extension launcher. Please note, only the Chromebook application is required for proper functionality. However, it is recommended that you add the Chrome browser extension as well for simplified launching from within the Chrome browser itself.
- Important: Click Save to save your changes.
The application should now begin deploying to the users of your organization.