1. Launch the Screencast-O-Matic application on your computer, or launch the Video Editor from the Screencast-O-Matic website. Next, select the video that you would like to use.
2. On the bottom right of the Video Editor, click on Edit.
3. Under Canvas, click on the triangle icon, next to the resolution.
4. Click on the Lock icon to unlock the Height of the video. This will allow you to add more height (Black Bars) to the top and the bottom of the video. If you prefer the back bars on the side of the video, then use the Width box.
5. Enter a higher number (than the one listed) on the Height resolution box. Click Apply. You should now have black bars at the top and the bottom of the main video.
(For example, if the listed number was 720, and you raised it to 1024. You can try out different numbers until you reach the desired look.)
6. To add text, click Tools (on the bottom of the screen), click Overlay, and select "Text".
7. Enter the text for the top portion into the our text goes here box, and you will see it displayed on the screen.
8. Move the text box to the top of the screen (drag and drop), and resize the box by grabbing the corner dots of the text box.
9. To change the text font and color, click Style.
10. In the Modify Style menu, click Font and select Impact.
11. Click Color and select White.
12. On the Modify Style menu, click on the Background tab, click on Shape and select None. Once complete, click Done.
13. On timeline at the bottom of the screen, grab the blue 'dots' for the text. Drag the left one to the beginning (or when you want the text to be displayed). Drag the right dot to the end of the video (or where you would like the text to end) and then click OK.
14. Click the +Text button to add more text, to create the bottom section.
15. Enter the text that you would like to display in the box.
16. Drag the text box to the bottom of the screen. On the timeline, expand the points to the beginning and the end of the video for the text to be displayed. Click OK when you are done.
17. To remove the fade in and fade out effects on the video, click the corner area in the timeline (image below), click the Text box, click Transition and select None.
18. When you are ready to publish, click Done.
19. Save your file to your computer using Save As Video File.
20. You can also upload the video directly to our website, by selecting the "Upload to Screencast-O-Matic" option.
For more information, you can view these tutorials.