You can allow viewers to add text and video comments to your videos by enabling the comment setting on the Video Details tab. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Log into your Screencast-O-Matic account and click My content at the top of the page.
2. In the Videos area, hover over the video for which you want to enable commenting and click Details.
When you click Details, the video opens in the preview area and several tabs are displayed to the right.
3. On the Video Details tab, scroll to the bottom. Under Publish Video, select the checkbox for Allow viewers to comment.
You can reply to and delete any comments left by viewers, if necessary.
1. Hover over a video in the Videos content area and click the Open Link button.
This opens the link to your video in a separate tab. Below the video you can see any comments that have been left by your viewers. To reply to a comment, click the Reply
) and then enter your response. To delete a comment, click the Delete
) and then confirm that you want to remove the comment.
As a Team Admin, you can choose to allow viewers to comment on the content published by members of your team or disable commenting. To configure commenting, follow the steps below.
1. Log into your account as a Team Owner or Team Admin.
2. Click Users in the menu at the top of the page.
3. Select Content Hosting from the menu on the left.
4. Scroll down to the Commenting section.
5. If you want viewers to be able to comment on the content that is published by members of your team, select the checkbox next to Allow viewers to comment on content.
6. Next, select one of the following options:
a. If you want commenting to be enabled automatically on newly updated videos, select Automatically enable commenting on new uploads.
b. If you do not want commenting to automatically be enabled for newly updated videos, select Do not enable commenting on new uploads.
Individual team members can still change the Allow viewers to comment setting on each video they upload.