If you are part of a Screencast-O-Matic Team plan, you can create collections of users called Groups. You can then share content to groups and add and remove users within a group.
Create a new group
1. To get started, log into your Screencast-O-Matic account and click My Content in the upper right corner of the page.
2. In the toolbar at the top of the page, click Users.
3. In the menu on the left side of the page, click Groups.
4. To add a new group, click
in the top right corner of the page.
This opens the New Group dialog. From here, you can add a new group and, if applicable, select its parent group.
5. When you are finished, click Save.
Add a subgroup
You can add subgroups to a parent group. At this time, items shared to a parent group will not be automatically shared to the sub-groups within it.
1. First, select the parent group.
2. In the top right corner of the page, click
. This opens the New Sub Group
3. For Group Name, enter a unique name for the sub-group, then click Save.
Sub-groups are displayed under the parent group in the order in which they were created.
Add and remove users from a group
1. To edit the members of a group, select the group from the left side of the page.
2. To add a user to the selected group, click
in the upper right corner of the page. This opens the Users For
3. Select the checkboxes next to the names of the users within your team that you want to add to the group. You can also search for users using the Search Users field.
4. Clear the checkboxes next to the names of the users you want to remove from the group.
5. Click Save.
Edit or delete a group
You can delete a group at any time by selecting it and clicking
Warning: Deleting a group also deletes all of the sub-groups under it.
To edit the name of a group, click
to open the Edit Group
dialog. Enter a new name for the group and then click Save
Share a video to a group
1. Log into your Screencast-O-Matic team account.
2. Click My content at the top of the page.
3. On the Videos page, hover over the video you'd like to share and click the Details button.
The video is displayed in the preview area and several tabs are displayed to the right.
4. Click the Users tab ().
5. In the Add groups or people box, search for and select the group with which you want to share the video.
6. Click Save.
Result: The selected video is shared with the group you chose.