How do I start the tools (screen recorder, screenshots, editing)
We provide several ways to launch the tools to fit with your work style:
- Web page
- Tool Tray (Windows) or Menu Bar (Mac)
- Chrome Extension
1. Webpage: you can start the free screen recorder from the screen recorder page (no login required). Click on "Launch Free Recorder" on this page: https://screencast-o-matic.com/screen-recorder
Webpage: if you have a Screencast-O-Matic account, you can login to Screencast-O-Matic and launch the Screen Recorder, Screenshot tool, and Editor (Deluxe, Premier Plans) from buttons located at the top right of the page.
2. Desktop : You can launch directly from your Windows Start Menu, Mac Launchpad/Doc, and Chromebook Launcher.
3. Tool tray : Visit the tool tray icon from your Windows Taskbar or Mac Menu bar.
Windows Tray Icon:
Mac Menu Bar Icon:
4. Chrome Extension : if you use a Chrome Browser you can install our Chrome Extension and launch the Windows, Mac, and Chromebook apps directly from the extension.
Screen Recorder and Screenshot Shortcuts
Screen Recorder and Screenshot Shortcuts You can set up keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, to launch our content creation tools on your Windows PC or Mac. The shortcuts allow you to quickly launch the following: Open the content manager Start a new ...
Admin Team Deluxe: Enable User Access to Team Deluxe Tools (Screen Recorder and Video Editor)
sers need to gain access to the tools associated to your Team Deluxe Plan to get access to the Deluxe features of the screen recorder and video editor. We provide solutions for this that don't require account creation or optionally SSO federation ...
Screen Recorder Launcher API Functions
Overview of the Screen Recorder Launcher API
Overview of the Screen Recorder Launcher API This guide is for customers who have the Enterprise or Solution Builder Plan and want to incorporate the screen recorder software into their network and application(s). The guide can also be used to ...
Recorder fails to start capturing computer audio on Windows
The screen recorder can capture computer audio on Windows PCs when you have a Deluxe or Premier upgrade. You might need to modify the Sound properties in Windows before you can enable capturing computer audio if the recorder fails to start ...