Searching Your Screencast-O-Matic Recordings on your Mac/PC Client
The Screencast-O-Matic desktop application contains the ability to search, filter, and sort on your local content as well as content contained within secured backup. Make use of the search and filter functions to find your content by name, backed up status, or by factors like last modified date or duration.
Perform a search
Within the search field to the right of "Filters", begin to type your search term and you will see your library update with the change in search term. The image below show results for a library search result for text string "animat".
Clear your search
Click "Clear Search & Filters" near the top left or press the "X" button within the right of the search field. This will clear any search term from the field and will reveal all of your content.
Filtering Content By Backed Up Status
- Recordings in this Folder -- This filter will show recordings that exist in the currently selected folder (top left next to the Folder icon). Note that this will also show recordings that exist both in secure storage and the local chosen folder.
- Recordings in Secure Backup -- This filter shows all recordings that exist online in the cloud, stored in the secure backup. Note that this will also show recordings that exist locally on your computer if they are also in secure backup.
- Recordings in this Folder & Backup -- This filter will show recordings that exist both on your local computer and online in secure backup.
The Screencast-O-Matic client allows advanced search terms that can be placed in the search field to refine your search.
Use the + or - character before the following terms to explicit add or subtract these terms from your results.
- 'folder' -- Targets content based on whether it is located in the current local folder.
- 'backup' -- Targets content that is within the secure backup vault
Will only show any content that is within your local folder.
Will find content that is backed up AND not in your local folder.
Sorting your Content
You can sort on your content by the following fields:
- Name - Sorts alphabetically on the name of the recording. Defaults to the following sequence: Numbers 0 to 9 placed at the top, Letters A to Z in the middle, and unnamed recordings at the bottom.
- Modified - Sorts on when the recording was last edited. Defaults to most recently edited recordings shown at the top.
- Duration - Sorts on the length of time recorded. Defaults to the longest recordings shown at the top.
You can flip the direction of the sorting by clicking on the up/down arrows to the upper right of the sorting window dropdown.