Supported languages and localization and how to set your language
Screencast-O-Matic's desktop screen recorder and video editor, iOS iPhone/iPad app, Android app, and video/image content hosting platform support the following languages:
- Italian - Italiano
- Portuguese (Brazilian) - Português
- German - Deutsch
- French - Français
- Spanish - Español
- China - Chinese
- Japan - Japanese
To change the language on the Desktop application, please follow the steps below:
- Open the Screencast-O-Matic Editor on your computer.
- In the top right of the application, click on the selected language. In this case, "EN" letters show that the application is set to English.
- Select the Language that you would like to use.
4. Close the Screencast-O-Matic Video Editor and launch it again to load it in your preferred language.
Changing the language on the iOS iPhone/iPad app:
If your iPhone or iPad is set to a language supported by the Screencast-O-Matic app, it will automatically launch in the preferred language. To change the language of your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the main Settings. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General. On the next screen, tap General.
- Select Language & Region. Scroll down and tap Language & Region.
- Tap Device language. On the next screen, tap "[Device] Language".
- Select your language.
- Confirm your selection.
- Reopen the Screencast-O-Matic App.
Changing the language on the Android app:
If your Android device is set to a language supported by the Screencast-O-Matic app, it will automatically launch in the preferred language. To change the language on your Android device:
- On your Android device, tap Settings.
- Tap "System Languages." If you can't find "System," then this may be under "Personal," tap "Languages."
- Tap "Add a language" and choose your preferred language.
- Drag the preferred language to the top of the list.
Changing the language on the content hosting platform:
If your browser is set to a language support by Screencast-O-Matic, the content hosting platform will automatically default to that language. To change the language on the hosting platform:
- Log in to Screencast-O-Matic.com
- Open Settings > My Profile
- Use the dropdown to select your preferred language under "Language."
Screen Recorder Launcher API Functions
System Requirements The Screencast-O-Matic screen recorder and video editor have the following requirements for the successful production of a screencast. The requirements are separated by OS (Note: Linux and Windows XP are not supported): ...
Google Apps SAML Integration with Screencast-O-Matic
Google Apps SAML Integration with Screencast-O-Matic Google Apps serving as the Identity Provider (IDP) can provide your users with single sign-on (SSO) access via Security Assertion Markup Language 2.0 Standard (SAML) to the Screencast-O-Matic ...
Overview of the Screen Recorder Launcher API
Overview of the Screen Recorder Launcher API This guide is for customers who have the Enterprise or Solution Builder Plan and want to incorporate the screen recorder software into their network and application(s). The guide can also be used to ...
Screen Recorder and Screenshot Shortcuts
Screen Recorder and Screenshot Shortcuts You can set up keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, to launch our content creation tools on your Windows PC or Mac. The shortcuts allow you to quickly launch the following: Open the content manager Start a new ...