- Team Creator: a team member who has license access to the capture and editing tools and associated Team Plan features.
- Team User: a team member who has an account on Screencast-O-Matic to enable account-specific features (hosting, collaboration, backup and restore, sharing).
note: a creator license is use-based (not user-based) and licenses are consumed when a Team Member launches the tools. Licenses rotate each month so can be shared across Creators each month.
Team Plans have optional settings that configure the tools (screen recorder and video editor) when they are launched. As a Team Admin, you have the option to:
- Enable Backup and Restore Services: Team Users will be able to setup secure and private backup and restore for local media files to save disk space and work across machines.
- Configure Publishing Options: by default all upload options and Save As are available but you can select to not present these options in the screen recorder and video editor
- Configure Chromebook Save Locations: you can save Chromebook recordings to local disk, to Google Drive (recommended), or to both where the team member chooses a save location.
Feature Access Pages with a unique URL can also be configured when needed. You will need to configure an access page for:
- SAML: when you have SAML configured to enable Team Creator access to the capture and editing tools and associated Team Plan features, this page will be used to redirect to your network login for authentication into your Team Plan.
- Tools access without user accounts: your team plan can allow access to the creator tools without having to create a user account. The feature access page is used to grant licenses to Team Creators needing access to the tools and associated Team Plan features.
You are able to configure a default Team Feature Access Page that includes user accounts and optional page(s) that allows access to the tools without creating a user. This enables you to support unique features for different Creator groups.
Feature Access Default
To modify Feature Access Default settings click the pencil (edit) icon:
A menu will appear where you can configure your Team features:
1. You can configure Upload Endpoint publishing options (including Save As to local computer) that will be presented to your Team Creators when publishing from the tools:
2. If your Team is using Chromebooks, you can also set the location(s) that your Team Creators can select for recordings to save and it's recommended that you include (or limit) save location to Google Drive.
3. You also have the option to enable Backup and Restore which will be presented to your Team Creators in the Windows and Mac Content Manager:
If you add Team Members by manually inviting them to your Team Plan then you are done with Team Feature Access settings. If you use SAML for Team Member authentication into your Team Plan or you don't create users in your Team Plan, then you will need to configure a Team Feature Access Page. To do this move the Access URL slider to the right (On):
2. You can optionally input a page title which will show at the top of your unique access page.
3. Designate Security Options (this is how licensing will be enabled for Creators to gain access to the tools).
- If you have configured SAML in the Authentication Settings then select the SAML radio button
- If you will not create users in your Team Plan and want to protect your access page with a Password then select Require Password radio button and input your password. You will need to share this password with your Team Creators.
- If you will not create users in your Team Plan and don't need a password to protect your access page, select None radio button.
Once the access page is configured, you will need to share the unique URL with your Team Creators so they can visit the page and launch the tools:
Custom Access Pages (Optional)
You can create Custom Access Pages which have different settings as compared to your Feature Access Default settings. This allows you to define settings for different groups of Creators. Custom Access Pages only support Creators that don't have a user account as part of your team plan. An example of using this option is a school district that wants to enable all features for teachers but limit features for students and not create student accounts.
To create a Custom Access Page, click the +New Access Page Button
A simplified settings page will allow you to configure Upload Endpoint and Chromebook Settings and also your Customer Access Page unique URL and Page Name: