The Screencast-O-Matic Chromebook application allows a user to upload their content to the Screencast-O-Matic hosting platform. If you would like to save your content online for easy sharing, uploading your recording to Screencast-O-Matic can provide many benefits. For a quick overview, see our Tips and Tricks video.
Key reasons to upload to screencast-o-matic.com:
You can see more benefits on our plans page under Video Hosting & Sharing.
1. Once you've finished a recording with the Screencast-O-Matic screen recorder, click 'Done' and you will see a preview of your recording with a slider below.
2. At this point, you can choose to trim the start and end of the video to focus on the portions of the recording that you'd like to upload to Screencast-O-Matic. You can view this video for a description of commands that will help in trimming.
3. When you are ready to upload, the menu on the right under Options shows the destinations allowed for upload. Click "Upload to Screencast-O-Matic".
If you are not already signed in with an account, you'll see this screen that will bring you to a website in order to login. Click on Allow on the "Allow Uploads" dialog to connect your account with the screen recorder.
You are met with the following options for upload:
1. Once you've finalized your upload options, click Publish to upload your recording to Screencast-O-Matic.
2. Once the upload is complete, Screencast-O-Matic will process and encode the data in preparation for final publish on the site.
3. While the recording is encoding, you are met with Options to share the recording on popular social media services like Twitter and Facebook. Here is the list of options:
4. Once you are done with the sharing options, click Done. At this point you can choose to to upload to another service or close the application.
For a full video guide to uploading, please check out this tutorial on Youtube.