Upload your videos from a Google Chromebook
The Chromebook application allows you to upload your content to our hosting platform. If you would like to save your content online for easy sharing, uploading your recording to Screencast-O-Matic can provide many benefits. For a quick overview, see our Tips and Tricks video.
Key reasons to upload to our hosting site:
- View your recordings online on virtually any device
- Embed your videos into other websites
- Publicize your recordings, or secure a place for only chosen visitors to view your recordings
You can see more benefits on our plans page under Video Hosting & Sharing.
Preparing to Upload your Recording
After you've finished a recording using our screen recorder, click Done and you will see a preview of your recording with a slider below it.
You can choose to trim the start and end of the video to upload only a portion of the video to our hosting site. Check out this video for a description of commands that will help in trimming.
When you are ready to upload, use the Options menu on the right to click Upload to Screencast-O-Matic.
If you are not already signed in with your account, you will see the following message.
Click OK to open a browser with the login page.
Next, click on Allow on the Allow Upload dialog to connect your account with the screen recorder.
Choosing your Upload Options
The following options are displayed for upload:
- Account - The destination account to which your recording will be uploaded
- Title - A brief title of the recording
- Description - (Optional) A brief description of your video
- Channel - (Optional) Add this recording to an existing channel for organization of your recordings
- Custom Link - (Optional) Create a custom link to this recording for easier sharing
- Cursor - Determines whether your cursor will be visible and highlighted within the screen recording
- Quality - Use to select the quality of the video (note that videos of higher quality will take longer to upload)
- Closed Captions - (Optional) Use to select the captions for your video
- Visibility- Select an option that determines who can see your video (Public, Unlisted, Password Protected, or Team User)
Publish your Recording
Once you've finished selecting your upload options, click Publish to upload your recording to our hosting site.
Once the upload is complete, the application will process and encode the data in preparation for final publish on the site.
While the recording is encoding, options are displayed to share your recording on popular social media services like Twitter and Facebook.
- Google Classroom
- Open Upload - Opens up a browser and takes the user directly to the link where the recording is published
- Copy Link - Copies a link to your clipboard for easy sharing in any application
When you are finished with the sharing options, click Done. At this point you can choose to to upload to another service or close the application.
For a full video guide to uploading, please check out this tutorial on YouTube.
Import your Chromebook recordings to a Mac or PC for editing
Our Chromebook application allows you to make recordings of your Chromebook screen. You can then import these recordings onto a PC or Mac for editing. How to Import your Recordings to a Mac or PC Step 1: Upload Chromebook recordings to our app ...
Set up hosting and homepage Solo Premier, Solo Max, and Team Plan subscribers
Premier Hosting Settings Premier Hosting allows subscribers to personalize their viewer's experience. Channels and homepages can be fully customized with your branding. Branding options can include company name, company logos, video player colors, ...
See more upload options
How to see more upload options Our screen recorder allows you to upload recordings to various services like YouTube, Vimeo, or to Screencast-O-Matic's own hosting site. In order to add these services, please see the instructions below. Add more ...
Multiple users uploading to one Hosting site
Yes, If you have a Team Plan, you can invite other users to upload to your Premier Hosting site. Users can share their content with other members of the team. Each user will have their own login and password. When users upload content to the Team ...
Find your videos and images on your hosting account
Please note, we do not automatically upload videos to our site. Your hosting account will only contain the videos that you have uploaded. First, verify that you are logged into the account that you have uploaded videos and images to. You can see your ...